Running Goals for 2017:
1. Complete a marathon. I am signing up for the Detroit Free Press International Marathon for this October, and will run it with Chris. I’m quite terrified, but excited. I think running my first 26.2 as a racecation will be beneficial, as I won’t be able to psych myself out about the hills of KC quite so much. Plus, I’ll be running every step with Chris, and I know we can push each other to finish together and finish strong.
2. Run a trail race. I’ve wanted to run a trail race for a while now. I’m a bit nervous about running on true single track trails because of the instability in my knee, but I think adding some trail runs will only help strengthen me, both mentally and physically, and I can’t wait to enjoy nature in a different way like this.
3. Feel more confident in the half marathon distance. I have already signed up for Rock the Parkway, in April, and I hope to add a couple more half marathons to my schedule for 2017. I want to feel confident and strong running a half marathon. I know training for a full marathon, and adding in trail runs, will help boost my confidence as I build up the miles.
4. Run 1000+ miles. I was so happy to reach 1025 miles for 2016, I think the amount of miles was a good push for me to keep each month high enough but doable. I want to reach 1000 miles again in 2017.
5. Add in strength training, yoga, and more biking. I always feel stronger and more well rounded and balanced when I cycle regularly. I miss doing yoga, it’s been a long time, but I want to regain the flexibility and centeredness I get from yoga. I also need to add in strength training, and plan to start slowly by adding in a little bit once a week, and build from there.