I am not generally someone who listens to music while I work. I also don’t listen to music while I run. I used to do both of these things. My music app isn’t even on my front page of my phone; in fact, it’s in a folder on the second page. I like the silence, I like the calm.
Well, the other night at yoga, I heard a song that really resonated with me. It was a mantra meditative song, but it felt simultaneously like 3 minutes and passed, and an hour had passed. Right after class, I found out what the song was, and downloaded it. Well that download, caused a waterfall of downloads. Clicking on the “related” button led me down a rabbit hole, and when I added in some of my other most-loved songs, I have an amazing zen happy bliss playlist! Some of these songs were/are on the radio, and others are yoga or meditation songs, and some are just completely eclectic and I love them.
If you’re needing some zen in your playlist, look no further than the following songs:
- Satya – by Baird Hersey & Prana (THIS is the song that started it all. Maylo played this song to begin yoga class last night, and the vibrations just moved through my body and hung on long after).
- Prayer Wheel – by MC YOGI (So much love for this song / meditation).
- One by One – by Barclay Martin (This guy is from KC! Who knew!).
- Prayer in C (Instrumental) – by Linda Vallois
- Hallelujah – by Vitamin String Quartet (I’ve loved VSQ for a long time. I added these into the playlist because they are just amazing)
- Nothing Without Love – by Nate Ruess
- Om Namah Shivaya (Bigger Mix) – by Steve Gold (Mantra / Meditation and very calming).
- Budapest – by George Ezra
- The Cello Song – by The Piano Guys (Again, I’ve loved The Piano Guys for a long time. Love the Piano Guys. This particular song was actually in my sisters wedding).
- Live Like A Warrior – by Matisyahu
- Chase This Light – by Vitamin String Quartet
- Storms in Africa – by Vitamin String Quartet
- Crystallize – by Lindsey Stirling (All I can say is, you’re welcome!)
- Beethoven’s 5 Secrets – by The Piano Guys
- Cirrus – by Bonobo
- One Day – by Matisyahu
- Requiem for a Dream – by Jennifer Thomas
- As Tears Go By – by Vitamin String Quartet
- Skidoo – by Mired Nesbitt
- All of Me – by The Piano Guys
- One Day Like This – by Elbow
- Singin’ In the Moonlight – by Barclay Martin
- Sunshine – by Matisyahu
Any others I should add to my zen mix? I’d love your input!